670 MW, 5-unit
Sithe Global Power
875 MW, 3x1 combined cycle
580 MW, 2x1 combined cycle
Oil & Gas
Suncor Energy Product Inc.
Syncrude Canada Ltd.
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Grindstone Creek Energy Services Ltd., established in 2004, draws on Frank Bajc’s more than 35 years of experience providing a wide range of business development, contract management, procurement, construction management and design support, and operations management services to independent and regulated power producers, oil sands processing, refinery and petrochemical companies.
Drawing on the Frank’s extensive energy and power project experience across Canada, Grindstone Creek Energy Services Ltd, (GCES) offers power/energy sector companies a wide range of development, planning, procurement and commissioning support services.
Over the past decade alone, Frank has played a key role leading or coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams in the development of three power generating facilities representing more than 2400 MW in Ontario’s fast-growing competitive electricity market. These efforts have included analysis of financial, performance and business case modelling, engineering and technology selection, equipment specification and procurement, permitting support and acquisition, construction contracting and monitoring, project scheduling, as well as process and systems commissioning support.
Specific services offered by Grindstone Creek Energy Services Ltd. include:Project/Site Development
- Site selection
- Landowner agreements
- Municipal agreements and permitting
- Cordination of initial project design parameters
- RFQ/RFP support material
- Environmental review, analysis, applications
- Technical inputs for EPC/EPCM contracting strategies
- Bid solicitations for off-take agreements
- Engineer contracts negotiations
- Contractor contract negotiations
- Labour relations and contract negotiations for construction and O&M
- Equipment supply selection and agreements
- Long term services agreements
- Engineer selection
- Contractor selection
- Materials specification and procurement support
- Construction scheduling support
- Construction and contractor management
- Commissioning support
- Facility operations
- General O&M management